Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Night Survey: It's Beautiful Out! Edition

While the temps climbed to the 40s this weekend, it stayed gray and gross...yet for some reason Chicagoans (myself included) were all like, "It's so nice out!" So: thanks, freezing November temps, for giving us some perspective on the weather. I forced myself out of the house for errands, but for the most part stuck to creative and culinary pursuits indoors.

Baking: granola and chocolate chip cookies.
Doing: all the loads of laundry I've been neglecting. (The thing about winter is laundry piles up twice or three times as fast...because I'm wearing at least three shirts a day, plus leggings under pants.)
Knitting: an infinity scarf. Using my arms!
Slow-cooking: chicken tortilla soup.
Watching: part of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, X-Files, and SNL.
Reading: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer and maybe a guide book about Orlando...(vacation dreaming).
Eating: light but good.
Drinking: lots of Cinnamon Apple Spice tea. And more water to counteract all the dry air.
Listening: to the most recent episode of Serial. !
Practicing: yoga, aka...
Stretching: further than my body has in a loooooong time.
Packing: for Thanksgiving break!
Making: shopping lists for Thanksgiving break!
Getting: ready for Thanksgiving break!

I'm excited about only having two work days this week...can anyone tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment