Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Night Survey: Church Edition

My boyfriend took me to church this morning. That was a second. (I was about to say first, but he did take me to his childhood church earlier this summer.) We went to Christian Community Church's official opening of their Lincoln Square campus to support our friends Matt and Amanda, who hold leadership positions there. They've been putting in long hours to grow this church location and it was great to see the results of what they've been working on. The free food wasn't bad either. :)

The rest of the day (and earlier this weekend) went like this:

Making: two batches of granola since we ate the first one in two days
Smelling: cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cooking: the first granola for the season, plus a pizza
Eating: pulled pork and potatoes and carnitas (aka more pulled pork)
Drinking: coffee, wine, horchata, jarritos
Putting: flannel sheets on my bed.
Being: okay with that?
Wondering: if I'm a fall person, or just a season change person.
Missing: summer weather nonetheless.
Sneezing: everywhere.
Lighting: candles.
Doing: all the laundry I've been putting off since Labor Day.
Watching: football (Go Bears!) and Miss America (it's a scholarship competition!).
Walking: to our taqueria for carnitas.
Layering: all my clothes.
Reading: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Writing: A scary story based on a prompt from Jesus.
Playing: scary games.
Listening to: RiotFest from a few blocks away.
Wanting: more days like today, weather-wise.
Needing: to buy more floss. (Keepin it real.)

No comments:

Post a Comment