Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Night Links 3: On My Grind

Friday night is like Thursday night when you work Saturday morning. Tonight's pizza is a no-nonsense sausage + veggie combo that will also serve as a great breakfast/lunch tomorrow. Tonight's links are all "work"-related because that's the frame of mind I'm in.

First, thoughts about the "business" of blogging (in quotes for me because I make zero dollars on this labor of love) and what happens when you suffer burnout. (There are also a few responses to this article, which make good points like: doesn't everyone in every job experience burnout? Bloggers aren't unique. I was also impressed with myself for knowing/following most of the bloggers mentioned by the article.)

This guy is making it his job to become a Future Former Millionaire. An interesting concept in itself, regardless of the amount he earns/gives back.

If I got a raise for visiting the library, I'd be a Current Actual Millionaire.

If Strangers Talked to Everybody like They Talk to Writers.

This shiny new blogger pretty much says exactly how I feel about the job search process. While I feel a kindred connection to her, I also feel way more jaded (read: old) about the whole thing.

And speaking of the process...

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment