Saturday, September 27, 2014

August/September Book Report

Okay: I read a lot. And I like to review/summarize what I read, mostly to document it for myself. Just recently I started keeping a better (more detailed and consistent) book journal, but there are a few books pre-journal that I only wrote a few sentences about. This week I'm playing catch up with those books:

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I've always been on the fence about Alice, but I love a good retelling. This one was well thought out and had some nice little details. I'm game to read the rest of the series.




My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It has similarities to the movie, but it's not the movie. And that's okay. The "Other Stories" were hit and miss. Some got me real good (and made me think I should have waited until October to read), while others I skimmed through.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
First thoughts: I really wish I could have saved this one for my California vacation...but it was so good I couldn't stop reading. I Loved this character-driven story, and the last lines especially got me.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
First thoughts: It took me a few tries to warm up to this book, but once I got into it I found it absorbing. I loved having Bibi Chen as the omniscient narrator. Her descriptions of each traveler and the people they met along their journey revealed who she was just as much as who they were.
Recommended for: travelers, lovers of characters, book clubs.


No comments:

Post a Comment