Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dog Days

Quick: do you know what day it is? How about the date? No phone/calendar checking!

I fail that test around this time every year, and this year is no different. Is it Tuesday or Wednesday? I know it's near the end of July, but after about the 18th I'm lost...these last 12ish days are a blur of humidity, bad hair, and wondering if it's my birthday yet. Apologies to Jesus, whose birthday falls on July 31st...because the other thing about me + July is I forget that it has 31 days.

When I was a kid I had the no school = no idea what day it is excuse, but even as an adult I'm realizing that the end of July is just a hard time to keep track of in general. We're deep into summer, but we also have a solid month to go (closer to two now that I'm out of school--September tends to be more summery than autumny). After the Fourth, there are no national holidays to help us out until Labor Day. It's just day after day of smoggy, sticky summer. Or, you know, a mid-summer polar vortex.

Whatever. Either way, forgive me if I forget the details of a wedding/birthday/anniversary in the next few weeks. My brain is taking it's two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment