Friday, December 20, 2013

There's a Happy Feeling Nothing in the World Can Buy...

We are only five days away from Christmas, and I'm still slowly getting into the spirit. It's raining today, so that's not helping any. Music, though, that just might do the trick. Before I give you my Top 5 Christmas Songs (of 2013 at least), let me warn you that I'm not really a fan of holiday music as a genre. Some of these songs are by bands I enjoy, who recorded songs that just happen to be Christmas-like, others remind me of Christmases past. Songs for Christmas, not necessarily "Christmas Songs."

Dave Matthews Band - "Christmas Song"
Okay, this one is actually called "Christmas Song." You got me. It's a gentle song, almost a lullaby, about love and the Biblical Christmas story.



Tchaikovsky - "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker

The music from this ballet is so ingrained in Christmas culture that it's become a kind of Christmas background music. Still, I personally have good memories of watching The Nutcracker with Jesus after Zoolights last year, which means it gets me closer to the Christmas mood.



John Williams & The Boston Pops - "Sleigh Ride"

That's John Williams AND The Boston Pops...need I say more? This one brings me back to my CHS Band days, in a good way.



Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo"

Another song attached to good memories of seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert as a family for Christmas. And an all around solid arrangement.



Coldplay - "Christmas Lights"

"When you're still waiting for the snow to fall/it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all." That about says it. Another love song set during Christmas.




"May all your troubles soon be gone, oh Christmas lights, keep shining on."

---
Mama’s Losin’ It

Linking up with Mama Kat's Losin' It today for my final blog prompt of the week. Whew! Let's see if I can keep up the momentum for the rest of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment