Thursday, March 21, 2013

As the Uruguayans Do

It's Spring Break! I'm done with work until April! This vacation couldn't have come at a better time--what I mean by that is CHICAGO IS AWFUL RIGHT NOW. Today was the first day of sun in what seems like weeks, but the cold is still biting. I can't wait to wear less than three layers and feel my toes again.

Brooke told my she's jealous of my "simple" trip--she's going back to Africa for Spring Break--all I have to do is get on a few planes and let my hosts/tour guides do all the rough work. I don't have to entertain anyone, and I have no agenda other than to see Bailey, relax, and check out where she's living these days.

I brushed up on some Spanish this past week, but I'm sure I'll rely on Bailey to do most of my translating. Even if I do understand conversations, joining in/speaking/getting the accent right is a big step for a gringa who hasn't left the country in four years.

All that stands between me and South America is 12 hours, three long flights, and a suitcase that won't close. Adios, Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment