Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Nannyversary!

Today marks one year of me semi-professionally managing a house of two teenagers and one mom. I survived all the seasons, holidays, school functions, doctor appointments, house projects and upkeep, house emergencies, sleepovers, laundry, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dry cleaning, lawn mowing, painting, bed making, soccer practice, piano lessons, and driving around Chicago that this family does in one year.

Okay, about 87% of the year was laundry.

It's hard to believe just one year ago I was wandering around, funemployed, picking up any shift Mercy would throw at me, going for runs, going on interviews, and rearranging furniture. Now I am wandering around, employed, turning down shifts because "I'm at work that day," going for coffee, commuting...and still rearranging furniture.

The more things change, the more things stay the same, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment