Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dragons & Clowns

The circus is in town! Thanks to some lucrative connections, Jesus & I got tickets for last night's show. If you haven't gone to a circus lately (like me), you really should. The circus-goers were mostly families with little kids, but I've found that an ADD boyfriend is essentially a child...combine that with said boyfriend's love of dragons (this year's circus theme) and acrobatic stunts, plus a pre-show where audience members can mill around the actual circus arena, and you have one crazy mustachioed guy pulling you around the introductory acts trying to find something to play on/do back flips off.

Once we finally got settled in our seats (only twelve rows up), the real show began & I could relax. JUST KIDDING. Don't get me wrong, the show was amazing to watch, but I spent most of it holding my breath & clenching all my muscles. Anytime a performer let go of the trapeze bar, flew into the air, jumped onto a galloping horse from the ground, dove through a flaming/spinning hoop made of swords, rode a motorcycle on a wire, or broke a piece of wood over their head, I momentarily stopped breathing.

What was most fun was deciding which act I would join should I run away with the circus ever. I'm clearly not cut for feats of flexibility or acrobatics, I enjoyed the animal acts, but have no real heart for animal stunts, and I would poo myself if I were to ever end up on a motorbike in a globe/cage of steel. Remember those career tests you take in high school? One of my possible careers was always clown, and I have to agree with that result. I can do goofy stuff all day. I just need to learn how to juggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment